Tuesday, 7 January 2014

Without You

I used to love you.
Sincerely, dearly, no matter what.
You took all you could –
My illusion, trust – and made me sad.

You let the negatives outshine the good
I lost faith as you did.
Without you I feel better,
Though the pain and empty space is still there.

I promise: to not have you as neither partner nor friend.
You have treated me unwell.
If it were up to me,
I’d make you feel my pain.

Do I miss you?
No. “Missing” is a word you condemned
And a word I dreadfully avoid using.
See how much you changed me?

I have enough of thinking over your words,
As they were as unstable as yourself.
Why do I have to be this over-sensitive,
Why could you not just control yourself?

Instead I am the one paying.
Breaking down into tears,
Pitying myself for your changing to worse.
Look at yourself and think before you speak!

Cold-blooded hypocrite.

No comments:

Post a Comment