Mist had flooded the streets,
Clearing it of all life.
My heart, in chest beating,
With my mind it had strife.
Icy lung-piercing air
Frost-covered paths and leaves
Sorrowful thoughts I thought,
I wondered about us.
I said I wanted you.
I thought our Love was right
I promised honesty
And now I was a lie.
“Take all the time you need”
Those were your exact words.
Yet know I what will be
Once you and I are “we”?
I hurt myself, hurt you
By having these dark thoughts.
I walked to the river
Where he was waiting, still.
We watched the frozen lake
Whence he asked about you.
“He’s kind...” I responded.
“But he’s not me,” He smiled.
I looked away, saying:
“He’s not you. He’s better.
He creates no pressure
And has no vile intrigues.”
“But you don’t love him so.”
I frowned. “No, but I will.”
He looked at me right then:
“I know you – you don’t love.”
Maybe he was correct.
Only I disagreed.
I only hope
to love
To love like he’s never hurt me.
No comments:
Post a Comment