Early summer sadness is upon me
All work is done and emptiness replaces
the thoughts and feelings I once considered special.
You have changed and
so have I; your musical words are poison to my ear,
the meanings behind your cryptic behavior so obscure
and I feel derelictness when
I think of all the time I spent on you.
There was a time I smiled at the very
sound of your name and thought
that from the first moment I saw you
"my heart has left its dwelling place and can
return no more".
There are times when I feel like that it is still so
but there are moments I regret ever knowing you
and letting you close to me as I did.
Yet I'm enduring all the pain and disappointment
you cause; I await an at least secure friend,
a person worth trusting
All work is done and emptiness replaces
the thoughts and feelings I once considered special.
You have changed and
so have I; your musical words are poison to my ear,
the meanings behind your cryptic behavior so obscure
and I feel derelictness when
I think of all the time I spent on you.
There was a time I smiled at the very
sound of your name and thought
that from the first moment I saw you
"my heart has left its dwelling place and can
return no more".
There are times when I feel like that it is still so
but there are moments I regret ever knowing you
and letting you close to me as I did.
Yet I'm enduring all the pain and disappointment
you cause; I await an at least secure friend,
a person worth trusting
as no one got the best of me
as you did.
No comments:
Post a Comment