Tuesday, 7 January 2014

Two Birds, One Stone

White blossoms bloom on an April dawn
And I observe two birds chipper next to each other.
I have one stone; the stone of Choice and Want.
Which bird should I hit and make mine?

They are both so swell, yet so different;
One distant, cryptic yet fascinating
The other as self-sacrificing, caring and fervid as myself
Lo! which bird do I hit and make mine?

One bird has the touch of prudishness and is eerily divine,
The other of fragile insecurity and internal emotional thunders
The stone is flicked in my hands and my mind wonders,
Alas, which bird do I hit and make mine?

The chipper continues; melodically they sing to my heart’s Joy
My eyes follow their swinging tails, life is currently a single long breath
The stare continues, my heart thumps from my skin beneath…
If I only knew that it was Disappointment, not Success that the Future now employs!

For the icy breeze blows at the feathered creatures
Out of fear, or mere surprise, my stone of Choice and Want falls to Earth
I intuitively look back at the birds of my attention;
But oh! Not a single feather is now left from them.

They both fled and left my wreath of Joy to rot.

No comments:

Post a Comment